i dont usually do this, but i felt like i need to share this. once i get done with this pointless distraction, maybe i can start studying. so, here's how it goes. i tell everyone that there's nothing new in Om shanti Om( OSO), but I am still going to see it. However, the twist is that after year(s), i see a movie in CAM rip. I usually wait for a movie to come on dvd print, which is 4 days max, but i couldn't restrain myself from downloading OSO as soon as i found it. what is the reason? maybe the songs (daastan!!) , but read on. but I finally admit it. after chak de, I am a SRK fan, and to some extent, even i was excited for the movie. I was dead bent on hating this movie before watching it because of the fact it would be a hit, and it would be another "dhabba" on the indian public's intellect. The movie is very very good in the first half. sense of humor, dialogues, music, etc all were terrific. 2nd half was a letdown. for a while, i thought it was a novel way of incorporating the theme of revenge... (or maybe i still don't know bollywood as well). the "apparition" at the end was bulls***. the romance in 2nd half and the memories coming back to SRK are some of the weakest points of the film. SRK also overacts a lot in the 2nd half, and got irritating for a while. In the first half, it was okay as it was meant to be sarcastic towards the 70's. music picturizations were amazing, and i was certainly not disappointed in that department. My favorite song couldn't have been placed into the plot any better. The lyrics complemented every moment of the plot. Main agar kahoon was also very picturesque and a visual treat. I'll leave the dard-e-disco for you to judge. overall, I like OSO better than main hoon na because I could tell farah khan knows something about directing other than just "manipulating" the indian public.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
oso review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment